Types of Work, Internships, and Volunteer Abroad
There are different types and ways of procuring international internships for students.
- Professional internships: These are arranged independently between you and the employer.
- Placement organization or agency: These are professional internships secured through specific organizations or agencies.
- Research internships: These opportunities can be arranged by a U-M faculty member or placement organization.
- Volunteer abroad: These are hands-on experiences, usually arranged through a placement agency or organization.
- Study abroad: Some of these programs may also offer opportunities for hands-on practical experience.