- Your individual preparation and personal choices overseas have the greatest impact on your well-being. Research your host country and become familiar with health issues, environmental conditions or local customs that may affect your stay abroad.
- Plan to stay connected to the University, your family and friends during your time abroad.
- Individual advising sessions are available at IPE for CoE undergraduate students with specific health or travel concerns.
The Global Michigan Health & Safety Website includes the following resources that can assist travelers in making informed pre-departure plans, mitigating risks, and taking ownership of their wellness.
- U-M EMERGENCY CONTACTS
- U-M TRAVEL ABROAD HEALTH INSURANCE
- SAFETY PLAN TEMPLATES
- RESILIENT TRAVEL
- U-M CLINICAL SERVICES & HEALTH INVENTORY
- U-M TRAVEL GUIDES & SUBSCRIPTIONS
- CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL, OSAC, & OTHER GOVERNMENT TRAVEL RESOURCES
Be safe! Be smart!